Here ye will fin' all manner of unspeakable beasties an' their activities...
An' remember ta' beware o' th' Rabbit!

Thursday, February 1, 2007

Entry for February 01, 2007

"Any allied personnel. Any allied personnel. I have begun to take prisoners. Request instructions re: prisoners or will be forced to shoot same". - Maj. Frank Burns

Status Report -

My Scouts are done! Well almost...they are painted and standed and drybrushed. Maybe some detail work and varnish, but other than that they are complete.

My AT guns are rolling along nicely I would put the entire platoon at 85% complete, lacking detail work and vehicle markings

Two rifle platoons, the mortar platoon and the Company HQ has the uniform and flesh base-coated. That leaves me with a rifle platoon; the weapons platoon (mixed mortars & Lmg's); and the Hmg platoon to do the flesh on. I will have to take some time to work on my SPM's and other vehicles this weekend. I have come across an interesting idea for a carrying case (more on that later!)

I have been reading some on the USMC vehicle camouflage and markings. They appear to be much more haphazard than the US Army's system.

The basic rules seem to be:

  • Stars were uncommon or often painted out (the exception being aerial recognition stars on the upper decks of tanks and other afv's)
  • Camouflage was applied in the field based upon local conditions and orders.
  • Most vehicles had a base coat of Olive Drab or Forrest Green. Sometimes camouflage was applied either partially or completely obscuring the base coat (there is a picture of USMC "sand" colored M3 Stuarts purportedly at Midway).

That's all for now...

Tim, they call him...

No comments: