Here ye will fin' all manner of unspeakable beasties an' their activities...
An' remember ta' beware o' th' Rabbit!

Monday, January 8, 2007

Entry for January 08, 2007

The lithium must be helping...no ADD for two days!

The rifle platoon I did with my "new" basing method seems to be nice and stable. I may coat the base with thinned down white glue (which will make the bases "rock" hard when it dries), but I will see how things go.

So with a tentative validation of my new basing method I based another platoon this way (two down!). I took a good look at my scouts and my Hmg platoon and decided I had to make some changes.

Scouts - Command Decision makes Marines with helmets or soft utility covers. I decided I liked the look of the utility caps on the scouts and the helmets with the "regular" Marines. So out comes the diagonal cutters aka dikes (hee...hee...he said "dikes") and off come the standing scouts with helmets. They are replaced by Marines in the utility caps. One squad of scouts are prone. I decided to leave them as be as they looked "sneaky" and scout-like to me (I also seem to have a dearth of prone fig's with utility caps).

Hmgs- The four guns I had based were the classic water cooled M1917A1 Browning mg's. While sorting through my figure packs I noticed some figures that were depicted moving a M1917A1. So I poped off two of the guns and figures and mounted two as being moved/set up. I am going to make some sandbags; condenser cans; ammo boxes and spent shell casings for the Hmg's to make them look better.

Shoot...now I remember what I wanted to add to my Sd.Kfz 7/2's...spent shell casings...I should make a list...

I also textured the bases of the Hmg's with Liquitex, using my "old" method.

Tim, they call him...

No comments: