Here ye will fin' all manner of unspeakable beasties an' their activities...
An' remember ta' beware o' th' Rabbit!

Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Entry for January 09, 2007

Marines??

What are Marines again??

I have this nice special order FAMO SdKfz 9, 18 ton recovery vehicle I ordered from Battlefront. Actually I have two but decided to e-Bay one out.

Anyway, I have been looking for any information on markings the Germans applied to the FAMOs. Specifically I was looking for any tactical markings used on them. For example Tiger tanks had a rhomboid with an "S" inside as a tactical marking. We are talking something on the order of a couple of mm's in length. Silly to worry about at 15mm scale, but the FAMO is almost devoid of markings beyond license plates (which I have) so I wanted to put on something to make it stand out.

After digging through picture after picture in my books and online I finally found a clear shot of a FAMO with tactical markings showing. Success!

Now my FAMO has a complete set of markings (as complete as I can make them) and it sits on the end of my table waiting varnishing with my three Sd.Kfz.7/2's AA tracks & trailers and the two HJ Tiger IE's.I didn' t spend all day on my FAMO.

I took a hard look at my Gross Deutschland panzergrenadiers and realized I had too many. So I set the force up for both mid-war and late-war (with panzerfausts) and realized I had a whole panzergrenadier company sans support. A few finishing touches and its e-Bay for them too.

I have no life...lol

Tim, they call him...

No comments: