Here ye will fin' all manner of unspeakable beasties an' their activities...
An' remember ta' beware o' th' Rabbit!

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Entry for January 30, 2007

Last night I was tired and spent more time reading than painting. I think the biggest problem I have in finishing an army is getting past the point I enjoy.

I enjoy cleaning, organizing the figures, priming them and getting them on stands. I like texturing the stands and doing detail work like adding sandbags, ammo belts, pouches, bags, packs, spent brass, etc... I just really hate painting the infantry. Which probably explains why my Aufklarungs company has it's vehicles done and no real infantry painted to speak of. Damn...I have to think about what I am doing...

To date I have the following "armies":

Russian Mixed Tank Battalion [base coated] ( 7 x KVIs, 10 x T34s, 7 x BA10s, 10 x Lend Lease Stuarts, 10 x Tank Riders and 3 x Stormoviks )

US Parachute Company (D/2/506th PIR - Bastogne) [complete] ( 3 x Para Rifle/Mg platoons, Mortar platoon, MG platoon, AAA platoon, TD, 105mm Arty & M4 support and 3 x P51s)

US Parachute Company (E/2/506th PIR - (Normandy) [base coated] ( 2 x Para Rifle/Mg platoons, Mortar platoon, MG platoon, TD & M4 support and 3 x P38s)

DAK PzGdr Kompanie [base coated] (2 x PzGdr platoons, HMG platoon, 3 xPak 38, 2 x 88mm Flak 36, 8 x Pz III J. (long 50), 5 x PZ IV G. 2 x Tiger I, 3 x Diana, 3 x Stuka Ds)

Aufklarungs Squadron (16 SS) [partial complete] (1 x Aufklarungs platoon 1 x Armored Pioneer platoon (7 x SdKfx 251D/7s), 3 x lG 75's, 3 x Armored Car Patrols (SdKfz 250 & SdKfz 250/9 2cm), 3 x Marder III, 3 x Armoured SdKfz 7/2 (3.7cm))

Panzer Kompanie (17SS) [models built] (14 x Stug III, 2 x StuG IV, 2 x 88mm Flak 36, 3 x Pak 40's)

GD Panzer Grenadier Kompanie [base coated] (1 x Armored PzGdr platoon (5 xSdKfz 251 Cs) 1 x Motorized PzGdr platoon, Armored Mortar platoon (2 x SdKfz 251/2 (81mm) & 1 x SdKfz 251/3), 2 x Tiger IEs and 3 Stuka Gs (37mm))

Marine Rifle Company (E series) [working] 3 x Marine Rifle platoon, Weapons platoon (LMG & 60mm mortar), HMG platoon, Mortar platoon, AT platoon (4 x 37 mm AT), Cannon platoon (2 x SPM (75mm)) and 3 x Wildcats.)

Unattached: US Battery SPA (6 x M7 Priests); US Transport (6 x 2.5 ton trucks); US AT platoon (4 x GMC 3 (75mm) SP AT mounts); 2 x 88mm Flak 36; 2 x 88mm Pak 43; 1 x T34;

This doesn't count the Nebelwurfers, Fallschirmjager, More StuG's ; German Arty, etc that is still in the box...

Anyone want to buy some FoW troops??

Sigh...I did eventually pick up my AT gun platoon. The crew all had helmets without the covers so I spent some time texturing the helmets and painting the base coat flesh and light tan for the helmet covers. More tonight...

Tim, they call him...

No comments: