Here ye will fin' all manner of unspeakable beasties an' their activities...
An' remember ta' beware o' th' Rabbit!

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Entry for January 11, 2007

I have been contemplating how to paint my "Mud Marines". Currently, my figure painting procedure works like this:

  • Clean, stand and base the figure.
  • Prime the figures/stand black.
  • Dry brush base color.
  • Ink with black Magic Wash.
  • Light dry brush with base color.
  • Light dry brush with weathering color (dust).
  • Varnish.

Drop box on floor, swear a lot then start over.I am thinking of changing to priming in white, then inking with black ink, then drybrushing the base color.

My reasoning is that every picture I have see of Marines in the field shows their uniforms in various stages of fading and decay. This would be hard to acheive with a black base and a white one will serve to lighten the colors some. I also intend to lighten up the base coat color I use. I have been experimenting with pastels for "dust" and this may help as well...

Tim, they call him...

No comments: